Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strawberry Cupcakes


A few days ago I found myself very very very bored. So baking time it was! :) I discovered this take on a Sprinkles Cupcake on the Martha Stewart site and decided to try it out. Since it used real fruit (fresh or frozen) it intrigued me -- plus, I could use a low-cost alternative to my pricey Sprinkles addiction.

The recipe was really easy, although a bit time-consuming. But how rewarding in the end! The cake was yummy moist and strawberry-y. The icing was a bit too buttery for me, so I think I'd have to play with it some more to get it to the consistency I like. Oh, and I halved the recipe for the icing because I always end up with extra -- good thing I did because I had enough to frost a dozen cupcakes and take a few sneaks from the bowl! =X

These were too good but I knew I had to keep my caloric intake in mind so Damon took them to work for me. Can't wait to make these again! :)

No comments: