Thursday, June 5, 2008

Roast Beef


Wow it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm so behind on all the things I've made, but I've got lots of pictures to help me remember.

This was last night's dinner. I used a 2.8 pound cut of beef, cooked in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour and a half. I cooked it on a baking sheet after rubbing olive oil, cracked pepper, and sea salt on it. The beef was surrounded by chopped onions, red potatoes, carrots, and celery also coated with oil, pepper, and salt.

See those black things? Those are the vegetables. Take it as proof that investing in good kitchenware is a must. After Damon and I got married I had no baking things, and, thinking that I'd save us some money, I picked up a hefty baking sheet from Kohls. It sucks. Actually, it burns. Everything and anything I put on it. :( So sad. Despite the charred bits, though, these veggies were yummy. They took on the flavor of the beef quite well.

I also made a side of green beans -- fresh, mm! I steamed them in a skillet filled with about a half inch of water until tender, then drained them and sauteed them with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.

Next time I need to pull the roast out a bit earlier -- it came out medium well which was fine, but a bit dry.

No comments: