Sunday, December 30, 2007

Lasagna

For Christmas Eve, hubby and I always save the date for H's bday. This year we skipped the restaurants and I attempted something new - lasagna.

It was the first time we really had anyone over to the house so I thought I'd have some fun. The night's menu:

- salad
- meat lasagna
- foccacia
- oven roasted herbed potatoes
- Costco cake for dessert

It was yummy. It took like, 3 hours though. Not a good meal for a quick cooking night. It went okay, but next time I think I'll add more salt or perhaps some mozzarella to the ricotta cheese -- I'd like it to be creamier. We definitely need to add more sauce, too. We like things saucy, yes we do.

It was fun to make -- the meat sauce was from scratch (I could totally use that for spaghetti, too), make the cheese mixture, then layer between lasagna noodles and bake.

Enough talk. On to the pictures!






1 comment:

ho ho said...

hand! i see my hand!