Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pasta with Shrimp, Tomato, and Basil



This dish was another experiment in the making.

After peeling the shrimp, I heated some olive oil with sliced garlic (3 cloves). Once the garlic started smelling good and was starting to turn golden in color, I added the shrimp. Two small pinches of garlic salt sprinkled on top.

Meanwhile, I boiled some thin spaghetti noodles in salt water, then rinsed.

Once the shrimp were almost done, I added the noodles and some more olive oil (enough to coat the noodles), along with one chopped tomato, pepper, and fresh basil (sooo yummy). I left the pasta to heat in the pan until the basil and tomato wilted slightly.

Yummy and doctor-approved! :) (Although you non-highblood pressure people might want to add some more salt.) I love how colorful it is. We ate it with a salad and clam chowder (no more carbs!)

3 comments:

Lyn Lyn said...

uwahhhh that looks GOOD mmmmm

Midori said...

mmmm sounds tasty making me hungry

good thing i'm getting italian tonight :D

ho ho said...

this looks so good!!