Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Steak.

Tonight's dinner was an experiment all around.

The Menu:

- "steak"
- baked potato with broccoli and cheddar cheese
- baby bok choy


I do not like meat very much. So I've never really cooked meat. Today was a challenge. :) I sprinkled the meat (which I now realize is not really steak -- some shoulder something or other) with sea salt and pepper, rubbed it with garlic, and let it sit for about an hour.

The baby bok choy was also an experiment -- I just sauteed with garlic and some sesame oil, and a small sprinkle of table salt.

The potatoes I baked in the oven at 350 after coating in canola oil and sea salt. Broccoli was boiled, and I sprinkled sharp cheddar cheese over the potato.



Notes to self:

- steak: way.too.much.salt. get a better cut of meat next time. don't cook so long and leave some pink! :)

- baby bok choy: *yay*!! maybe try with some sauce next time

- baked potato: slightly undercooked, start earlier next time. sharp cheddar doesn't work as well as nasty velveeta.

1 comment:

Midori said...

omfg it's your married life